Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thing 3

After reading numerous blogs, the one thing that I noticed was the writing style. It is just a conversation, like the person is standing there telling you these things in person. It is not in article form like you would see in a newspaper or magazine with topic sentences, etc.
One of the things that struck me about all of the blogs, was how do people find them? I'll have to admit, this is all new to me, and I haven't done any searching out of blogs on my own. When I read about kids doing their SSR on blogs http://www.halcyon.com/arborhts/mahlness/2007/02/is-this-ssr-20.html I kept thinking the content I have been reading is certainly not kid friendly, but there must be some out there that are...yet where would I begin to search?

3 comments:

  1. I just conducted a simple search on Google for "blogs by elementary students" and got alot of hits. Scanning through the first few I found some cute blogs. I also found blogs by adults talking about students doing blogs. You will have to filter - but they are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also can start a blog for your students. For example, I have used blogging for students to respond to open-ended questions and then they can read and respond to each others. That way you can really control what gets posted and read if you wish to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technorati is the leading blog search engine. Try using it to search for the blog sites you want.

    http://technorati.com/blogs/directory/

    ReplyDelete