Friday, March 19, 2010

Thing 7

I signed up to follow others' blogs and then also signed up for Google Reader. Once I was signed up for Google Reader I then subscribed to MSN...headline news, entertainment, and sports. At first, I had to go to my blog to see the updates on the blogs I was following, but then all of a sudden they started appearing on the Google Reader with the MSN feeds. That might change my opinion of the Google Reader in a few days, once I get used to seeing these with the news feeds. I do like being able to take a quick scroll of the page, but since I don't have other pages coming in, too, it is not much different than just having the MSN page up and scrolling the headlines there. Also, on the Google Reader, I get multiples of the same heading, which I don't need. Anyway, I can see the usefulness if you have a lot of different places you are going to daily, but for me, it isn't really practical.

2 comments:

  1. Blogger is okay for updates but Google Reader allows you to get updates from many other sources. Not sure about your double headings. Maybe you subscribe to something twice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a little bit to get use to how my Google Reader was set-up, but after I mastered that it was much easier and for me to use. With the 23 Things project, I use my Google Reader more than ever.

    ReplyDelete